Friday, May 6, 2016

Road Trip! NY -> Florida (and back again).



I don’t have a driver’s license, but one of my favorite things in the world is taking a road trip. I have many fond memories of hitting the road with my family, The Doors and Santana playing in the background, as I watch the trees and sky change. This time, because my aunt is visiting from the Philippines, we decided to take her to visit our other relatives down in Florida. Which means 24 hours or so on the road from New York.


Journaling in a Waffle House, North Carolina
Flea Market in Daytona Beach

Delaware has by far the coolest Welcome Center
Daytona BeachImpromptu visit to the beach means being in a Star Wars tee & jeans.Wedding on the beach!Church in Palm CoastManson in GeorgiaAll you need is love & a moonpie in GeorgiaA very enthusiastic soldier in Colonial Williamsburg, VAEntering Washington D.C.BET Networks in Maryland.Baltimore, Maryland


After hitting traffic going into the Holland Tunnel, we drove through New Jersey, Delaware, Maryland, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Georgia. We only made stops to use the bathroom, take naps, but basically we drove non-stop.

It wasn’t my first time going to Florida, but I did visit some new sites that I haven’t visited before (or remembered visiting).

We also visited St. Augustine which is the oldest city in the U.S. We went to the shrine of Our Lady of La Leche (yes, Lady of the Milk), and it was absolutely beautiful. The weather helped a lot, being sunny and breezy at the same time.

There was also a fort, Castillo de San Marcos, which had a live re-enactment of lighting a cannon, which scared the livings out of me.

In the end, we only spent two days there before we had to hit the road again.

No comments:

Post a Comment